Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: How 'bout these quotes?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Try these quotes, movie and tv:

    1. Blah blah bliddy blah, I'm so stuffy give me a scone.
    2.You don't write a song like that because you hate them, you write it because you love them.
    3. Whatever you think the song is about..THAT"S what it's about.
    4.He was a tough little kid..I don't know, I did everything I could do.
    5. You are not your job, the car you drive or how much money you make.
    6.I had him. I finally had him right where I wanted him. I told him "You go in there, they will kill you and everyone you take with you."
    7.Here are the chord sheets for the pinnefore. You can do this. I wanted it to be perfect. It wasn't.
    8.You're too beautiful, all of you,you make me hate my hips.
    9.You can do a **** of a lot more damage in the system than outside of it. The final irony, I think.
    10.Those of us that did make it have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what we know and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and meaning to this life.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    #1 is from Buffy.

    I've heard so many songwriters say something similar to #3, need more context to narrow it down.

    I don't think #10 is from ID 4, I've got that movie near memorized and don't recall that ever being said.

    #6 sounds familiar.

    Is #5 from Fight Club?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Al_Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 7th, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any chance 9 is from Matrix?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Yes, one is from Buffy. The rest are incorrect.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, Yes, 1 is right, and 5 is Fight Club. The one about songs isn't a lyric. It was said in 1995.

  6. #6
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    All I can really do is guess!

    #8 Goldie Hawn on Banger Sisters
    #10 Someone on Independance Day

    I'm working on #2. It's right there but I can NOT put my finger on it!
    [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Here are4 some clues:
    1: Buffy.
    2: Was said in a 2000 documentary, and in 1996 in a tv interview, By a singer about someone in 1979.
    3:Was said by a singer in a 1995 movie made by the band.
    4:This movie is a cult classic from 1987
    5:Fight Club
    6:Said in a big epic movie from 1970
    7:Hint : Pre Matrix
    8: Cherie was in it.
    9: Difinitive punk movie from 1999, think Scream.
    10: This movie won 11 oscars.

  8. #8
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    #8 Jodie's Mom said that about the FOXES!

    I can't believe I need a clue but thanks!

    [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whoo Hoo Gus!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
    Ok, it's been a week. Here are the answers.
    1. Buffy 1st season.
    2.Said by John Lydon in Filth and the Fury.2000
    3.Said by Layne Staley in Nona Tapes.1995
    4.Said by Andrew McCarthy, as Clay in Less Than Zero, after Adrienne (Robert Downey Jr.) dies.1987
    5.Fight Club.1999
    6.Said by Dustin Hoffman (Little Big Man) to Custard before Custard's last stand, so that he would be killed.1970
    7. Chris (Keanu Reeves) reads this in a letter, then realises it's a suicide note from his best friend David in Permanent Record. 1988
    8.Foxes
    9.Said by Stevo (Matthew Lillard) in SLC Punk.1999
    10. Said by Chris (Charley Sheen) at the end of Platoon.1987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic